Floodplain Management Update
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has issued a Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) for Spokane County effective July 6, 2010.
The FIS and FIRM are used to identify areas of special flood hazard, which are areas that have a 1% or greater chance of flooding any given year (previously known as the 100 year floodplain). Development within the areas of special flood hazard is regulated by Spokane Municipal Code Chapter 17E.030 Floodplain Management as required by FEMA.
- Spokane County Flood Insurance Study (adopted by the City of Spokane in 2010)
- Upriver Flood Hazard Areas
- Upriver Flood Hazard Areas w/aerial photo
- Downriver Flood Hazard Areas
- Downriver Flood Hazard Areas w/aerial photo
- Latah Creek Flood Hazard Areas
- Latah Creek Flood Hazard Areas w/aerial photo
- Floodplain Management Terms
Only search this website